Tapping Made Simple
I’m sharing this because right now everyone can use this awesome tool to help with stress levels plus I seem to be talking about this a lot lately.
We’re all operating from a place of heightened awareness with our sympathetic nervous system stuck in fight/flight/freeze.
Not good on so many levels…
By using Tapping (EFT) we can calm the sympathetic and activate the parasympathetic, the part of our nervous system responsible for rest/restore.
First of all: Tapping is based on the combined principles of acupressure and modern psychology. It has been proven to help with everything from chronic pain to limiting beliefs.
Starting with the negative thoughts or emotions, we tap on the endpoints of the meridians. Once we feel “a shift” we either add in positive emotions or feelings for another round of Tapping, or stop.
The sequence of points:
side of hand
under lip (chin)
side of ribs/under arm
top of head
Before you start:
1. Choose what you’re going to Tap on: back pain, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, etc
2. Rate it on a scale of 0-10 (10 being the worst)
3. Set up statement (Even though I feel/have________, I love and approve of myself)
4. Repeat set up statement 3x while Tapping on the karate chop point (side of the hand)
5. Tap through all eight points saying your “reminder” phrase (what you’re Tapping on/how it’s feeling in your body), Tapping 5-7x on each point
6. After Tapping through all the points, take a deep breath
7. Rate the intensity of the issue again (0-10)
8. Repeat until issue is reduced or gone (you may have to tap through several rounds to really calm the system and release)
Doesn’t matter which hand you use to Tap or what side of the body, so go with what’s comfortable for you!
The more we can tune into our feelings/emotions in regards to the issue we’re tapping on the better results we’ll have.
If you’re in a situation where you’re unable or it’s awkward to Tap on all the points, just Tap on one or a couple, depending on the situation.
Simple will still work!
If you get stuck as what to say (feeling like you need “a script”), just go with your thoughts/feelings about the situation you’re Tapping on.
Also because I like to stack my tools, I often add essential oils to my Tapping. Depending on what I’m focusing on I may use: Stress Away, Peace & Calming, Lavender, Release, Present Time, Valor, Clarity, Acceptance, etc.
For more information on Tapping check out: